httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hidde Fennema <hi...@hiddefennema.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP/1.1 Method question + WebDAV
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 22:38:20 GMT
All,

Does anyone know why Apache 2 simply doesn't allow a PROPFIND or a MKCOL
when mod_dav is *not* loaded?

I have an application which has it's own webdav support. The application
knows and accepts all webdav HTTP/1.1 protocal extensions.
With Apache 1.3.x all works fine. After installing Apache2, the webdav
protocol extensions are denied with a "405 Method Not Allowed".

When I enable mod_dav, Apache magically accepts the DAV handlers, though
that's not quite a solution for I don't want Apache to interpret the
handlers; in other words, I don't want mod_dav.

Is there any option in Apache which I can use to tell Apache which methods
to allow? I not getting much further with this...

Regards,

Hidde
The Netherlands