httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject [users@httpd] htaccess and browser based logins....
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 19:05:02 GMT
Hello.
      I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to use an HTML form for
HTaccess authentication.  This used to be very easy, although not
incredibly secure, with javascript, but with the introduction of the new
Microsoft security patch to IE 6 in February Q831167.  Those little scripts
no longer work with those patched browsers.

Does anyone know of a nice/secure way of doing this.  I have a couple
ideas, but was curious what others have done.

Thanks
Jeff