httpd-users mailing list archives

From jbu...@OAOT.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 1.3.31 Released
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 18:03:57 GMT
Here's $1.55, go get yourself a coke + chips. If the other guy has $2, you
should have $2 as well. No use promoting rich vs poor and division of the
classes.

James

jeffrey_n_Dyke@Keane.com
05/11/2004 02:45 PM
Please respond to users

        To:     users@httpd.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [users@httpd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 1.3.31 Released

Personally, i still use 1.3X a lot of places, due to the fact that most of
the code running on our production servers is PHP.

There is still need for the 1.3 branch.  Some folks, don't have need for
the extra features in 2, and need to use things like PHP where the apxs
support with Apache2 is still expieremental.

I realize its the 'old' Apache, but there is the 'If it ain't broke'...in
this case,....don't EOL it....perspective.

but thats just my $.45

"Joseph A. Nagy, Jr."
<jnagyjr@joseph-a-nagy-jr.hom        To:       users@httpd.apache.org
elinux.org>                          cc:
Subject:  Re: [users@httpd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 1.3.31
Released
05/11/2004 12:59 PM
Please respond to users

I just have a random question.

If we are wanting people to code modules for Apache 2.x, why are we still
supporting 1.3.x? I can understand bug fixes and such but even then I
would
have figured that there would be a concerted effort to get people to move
Apache 2.x so module developers will have no choice but to port their
modules to it.

Just my $2.0.
--
AIM: pres CTHULHU        ICQ: 18115568           Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at)