httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to setup an FTP server
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 11:11:48 GMT

> I wish to set up Apache as an FTP server so I can upload jpg photos to
the
> www directory on the server using WS_FTP.exe

You'll need to install an FTP server.  Apache is an HTTP server.  There are
great free ones out there.  Looks like you're running XP?  So you'll have
to find a Microsoft FTP server...which is where my knowlege ends, but a
google for `XP, ftp server` brought up some shareware and freeware
products.  I'd look for one that is all about security, on an XP box.

That being said, you could grab one of thse php scritps from
hotscripts.com(or many other places) and use it for HTTP uploads.

HTH
Jeff