httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wil Hatfield" <...@hvhm.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Memory Leak or DOS
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 19:06:58 GMT
If someone has further information could you assist with identifying this
problem. I have found posts that say it is a memory leak and others that say
it is a DOS attack. Of course the posts say that it was a symptom of a DOS
attack under very old versions of Apache.

httpd in free(): warning: page is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: page is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free
httpd in free(): warning: chunk is already free

This is now occurring for me on a 2.0.44 machine. The log files are HUGE
with this and occasionally the machine even stops responding.  Machine is
due for an upgrade.... this I know.

Wil