httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Starting Apache at boot with startssl
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 11:42:54 GMT
Your problem is that this init script doesn't have anything about SSL in
it.

The simplest fix is to remove it (back it up first, if you want) and
then replace it with a symbolic link to apachectl. Eg (assuming that the
init script is called "apache");

# cd /etc/init.d
# cp apache apache.bak
# ln -s /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl apache

Then, /etc/init.d/apache startssl will invoke
/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl startssl and all should be well.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.