httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL problem binding to port 444
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 07:57:35 GMT

Since you are separating your VHs based on port number, this should be
no problem. What is a "SIGFAULT"? Do you mean "SEGFAULT", ie
segmentation violation?

> I've just noticed that when I do apachectl startssl, it tell me it's
> starting www.abc.om:443 (RSA).
>
> Do I need to compile mod_ssl in seperately ?

I don't entirely understand the question but the fact that you have some
concerns about compilation and that you might've been having seg faults
makes me suspect an inconsistent compilation, ie, using an old
lib_ssl.so with a newly compiled apache. If you do upgrade apache, you
must recompile mod_ssl against it...

> I can't seem to find any
> info about changing the port so any suggestions are appreciated.

Verify you have a consistent compilation first. Once sure of that, all
you need to set a port for a VH is to make sure you are Listening to the
port and then to specify it in the VH tag, eg:

Listen 444
<VirtualHost *.444>
 .. test SSL site

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

> Also checked /etc/services in case.
>
> Thanks,
> Pete.

> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
> to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
> in error please notify the system manager.
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been
> swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
> For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-
>
> http://www.quinn-group.com

views of the sender's company.