httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Bus Errors
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 07:53:04 GMT
Plain text please...

Your mix of versions is a bit suspect. Apache 1.3.28 goes with mod_ssl
2.8.15 which dates from 18/jul/2003. At that time, the extant version of
openssl was 0.9.7b. So I suspect an inconsistent compilation.

As Nick suggests, upgrade to apache 2, or if you have compelling reasons
to stay with 1.3, at least upgrade to apachce-1.3.31, mod_ssl-2.8.17 and
openssl-0.9.7d.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Saunders Jack [mailto:jack.saunders@volvo.com]
Sent: Montag, 24. Mai 2004 13:55
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Bus Errors

Does anyone know what these errors mean?  We will getting them every now
and then.  It will start causing outages with our apache reverse proxy
server.  I have been doing some researching via google and cannot come
up with anything.

We are currently running apache 1.3.28 / mod_ssl - with openssl 0.9.7d /
mod_proxy

[Fri May 21 17:24:25 2004] [notice] child pid 7041 exit signal Bus Error
(10)
[Fri May 21 17:26:14 2004] [notice] child pid 4104 exit signal Bus Error
(10)
[Fri May 21 17:26:15 2004] [notice] child pid 7039 exit signal Bus Error
(10)
[Fri May 21 17:26:16 2004] [notice] child pid 5096 exit signal Bus Error
(10)
[Fri May 21 17:26:20 2004] [notice] child pid 7003 exit signal Bus Error
(10)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.