httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] HTTPD error on apache start
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 07:31:32 GMT

mod_unique_id is used to create a UNIQUE_ID environment variable for
each request. Usually, you need this if you have a farm of servers (ie,
more than one machine). Do you?

Anyway, it needs access to an NTP (network time protocol) server to
synchronise the clock. Maybe this is what it is requesting on 127.0.0.2.
Do you have NTP on 127.0.0.2? My guess is the module can't get a
response to its NTP request. solutions:

- if you don't need it, don't load mod_unique_id.
- if you do, give it a working NTP server.

> getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
> getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
> Error getting local address

This link of a few days ago explains the error message - it's a failure
at the TCP/IP layer:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=108512620215172&w=2

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
> getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
> Error getting local address
>
> Does anyone know what this is caused by, and how to fix it? I
> am also getting errors with sendmail, but want Apache
> straightened out first.
>
> Thank You,
> Jason Antman
> jason@jasonantman.com