httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Holley <mhol...@byu.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting .htaccess to work
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 17:51:03 GMT
Well here is the site.conf file:

## Default Virtual Host Configuration

<VirtualHost *:16080>
          ServerName identity.byu.edu
          ServerAdmin admin@example.com
          DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents/identity/"
          DirectoryIndex "index.html" "index.php" "identity.html"
          CustomLog "/var/log/httpd/access_log" "%{PC-Remote-Addr}i %l %u
%t \"%r\" %>s %b"
          ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/error_log"
          ErrorDocument 404 /error.html
          ErrorDocument 403 /403error/403error.htm
          <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
                  SSLEngine Off
                  SSLLog "/var/log/httpd/ssl_engine_log"
                  SSLCertificateChainFile "/etc/httpd/ssl.crt/ca.crtX"
                  SSLCertificateFile "/etc/httpd/ssl.crt/server.crtX"
                  SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/httpd/ssl.key/server.keyX"
                  SSLCipherSuite
"ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:!SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL"
          </IfModule>
          <IfModule mod_dav.c>
                  DAVLockDB "/var/run/davlocks/.davlock100"
                  DAVMinTimeout 600
          </IfModule>
          <Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents/identity/">
                  Options All -Indexes -ExecCGI +MultiViews
                  <IfModule mod_dav.c>
                          DAV Off
                  </IfModule>
                  AllowOverride All
          </Directory>
          <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                  RewriteEngine On
                  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
                  RewriteRule .* - [F]
          </IfModule>
          <IfModule mod_alias.c>
          </IfModule>
          LogLevel warn

          <Directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/identity/mediaFiles>
          AllowOverride All
          </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

The .htaccess file in it's entirety:

Order Deny,Allow
          Deny from all
          Allow from 128.187
          Allow from byu.edu
##
##<Limit GET>
##Order Deny,Allow
##      Deny from all
##      Allow from 128.187
##      Allow from byu.edu
##</Limit>
##
##<Location>
##Order Allow,Deny
##      Allow from 128.187
##      Deny from all
##</Location>
##
##<Directory /Library/WebServer/Documents/identity/mediaFiles/>
##Order Allow,Deny
##        Allow from 128.187
##       Deny from all
##</Directory>
Like I mentioned before I tried various different ways of formating,
and instead of deleting them I commented them out.

I have also looked through the httpd.conf file and couldn't find any
directive that conflict with this file. I also found the log and looked
through it and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but if you
still want me to forward it on I can.