httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@boxstuff.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ip aliases vhosts
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 20:57:50 GMT
Hello

I started a thread on this some time ago, and while I appreciated the
help that was given I still haven't managed to configure things as I've
tried.

I'd really appreciated hearing from anyone who has this working, rather
than just understanding the principles as I  understand what the docs
are saying what I should be able to do, but still cant find a way of
getting it running.

I've created several ip aliases

10.0.0.10, 10.0.0.11, 10.0.0.12

Listen *:80
Listen *:443

I've tried the following variations.
NameVirtualHost *
and
NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443
and
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.12
and
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.12:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10: 443
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11: 443
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.12: 443

And virtual hosts

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.10:80>
ServerName www.foo.com

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.10:443
ServerName www.foo.com

and so on.

I need to have this running so I can have multiple ssl certs being
served from the same box. So wildcarding so Joey's example wont work in
this case.

Someone must have this working, I've read a few bits and pieces on
doing this. But something just isn't playing the game .

Many thanks

Mark