httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@boxstuff.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ip aliases and vhosts
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 09:24:23 GMT
Hi Joey

Thanks for the response. Although I suspect the problem is related to
how I'm routing my aliases as when I read my output for

/sbin/ifconfig

eth0:0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:29:21:7F:45
           inet addr:10.0.0.10  Bcast:10.255.255.255
Mask:255.255.255.224
           Interrupt:10 Base address:0x8000

eth0:1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:29:21:7F:45
           inet addr:10.0.0.11  Bcast:10.255.255.255
Mask:255.255.255.224
           Interrupt:10 Base address:0x8000

Both of which are missing information on RX and TX packet which I
believe they would be if they were working correctly. I'm still not
sure whether this is the way I've configured my routes or it ipchains
getting in the way, but when i disabled linux firewall I had the same
problem so my guess is my routes are wrong. Or even perhaps I need to
enter something in my hosts files and/or dns.

The introduction to this document suggests that I can use IP aliases as
IP's , whether or not this would cause havoc with the ssl certificate
has yet to be seen. But my reading on the subject suggests such a
configuration would be possible, although all the reading I've done is
typically vague in terms of the details required to do such a thing.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/ip-based.html

When i try my current configuration, a request over http completely
fails before it gets to apache.

Cheers Mark