httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Sewell" <ben_sewell_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Bug Versions 1.3.28/29 Fixed In 1.3.31 Or Not?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 15:06:15 GMT
Okay I'm not trying to take sides in the debate with Joshua or Purl Gurl. I
just want to say that as a fellow programmer like Purl Gurl I share the
intention to release code/release a program which is with as few bugs as
possible. I am not saying that I can fix all bugs in my programs but 99% of
them.

If Purl Gurl is developing some code to help solve a bug in Apache which is
freeware, let her. This is what GNU licenses are for. Take the example of
Linux, where Linus Tolvards developed a "from scratch" kernal and publicly
released it for free. Now, there are dozens of Linux Distirbutions based on
that one kernal. I do agree that Apache is an excellent piece of software,
but I share the idea that the 1.3.x series of Apache does need to be 99%
bug-free.

As for the arguement: this is a public mailing list. Nobody would like their
inbox full of emails which the content is just a arguement. They would
prefer an inbox which actually has responces, and hopefully solutions to
problems encountered using Apache. If you two wish to argue, I woud prefer
to let you keep it between yourselves not on this list.

Ben