httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Sewell" <ben_sewell_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Internal Server Error
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 13:46:55 GMT
I'm having a similar problem. my url is
http://pectabytestudios.no-ip.com:8080/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl

I am trying to setup a forum.

Here's the page content:
Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.
Error message:
Premature end of script headers: cutecast.pl
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500
pectabytestudios.no-ip.com
Sat 08 May 2004 09:33:18 AM HKT
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

Right now the permissions are set as 755 when I used chmod for both the
directory and the individual file.:-/

Ben

>From: Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Internal Server Error
>Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 09:06:07 -0400
>
>At 01:18 AM 5/9/2004, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:
>
>>When i tries to run a cgi script on my site, it gives me following error
>>message:
>>Internal Server Error
>>
>>While the error_log  says:
>>
>>[Sat May  8 11:15:08 2004] [error] [client 192.168.0.47] Premature end of
>>script headers: /var/sites/mysite.com/www/cgi-bin/my.cgi
>
>Muhammad, cgi's must print standard headers first and the error is telling
>you that never happened, probably because it failed in the compile, or
>maybe because it wasn't written properly. OTOH it's also showing that the
>script was found, and started.
>
>print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
>
>is an example of a line in a Perl script running as a cgi to print headers
>telling Apache that an HTML document follows.
>
>Here's a simple script
>

>#!/usr/bin/perl
>print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
>for(sort keys %ENV) { print "ENV{$_} eq $ENV{$_}\n" }
>

>If this doesn't work the first two things I'd check are
>
>1. verify the path to Perl on your server
>2. check that if you're transferring from windows to unix (or vice versa)
>using FTP that the transfer is done in ascii mode
>
>hth,
>
>Marty
>

>Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
>Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal
>FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml

If you fuck me off then standby,
Ben