httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rob De Langhe <rob.delan...@telindus.be>
Subject [users@httpd] problems with mod_perl_html module on reverse proxy
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 13:25:32 GMT
Hi,

running with Apache 2.0.47 on Solaris-9, we try to achieve a reverse-proxy
setup that forwards connections to our externally reachable machine
"https://reverse.ourdomain.com/", towards an internal machine so-called
"internal1.server.int".

If a person connects to our reverse-proxy with the URL

https://reverse.ourdomain.com/int1

then we want the reverse-proxy to forward this to the internal machine
"internal1" with the URL

https://internal1.server.int/

This works fine, and relative paths in HTML from this internal machine is
correctly rewritten with the "https://reverse.ourdomain.com/int1" prefix, as
long as the CGI's on "internal1" do not produce HTML with some absolute
paths or redirects in it to -say- "/cgi-bin/somescript" :
this is apparently not captured by the reverse proxy, and arrives on the
browser as

https://reverse.ourdomain.com/cgi-bin/somescript

which of course results in an 404 NOT FOUND on the reverse-proxy.

The config file contains the settings below:

LoadFile /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so
LoadModule proxy_html_module modules/mod_proxy_html.so
ProxyRequests off
SSLProxyEngine on
<Directory proxy:*>
</Directory>

ProxyPass /int1 https://internal1.server.int
ProxyPassReverse /int1 https://internal1.server.int
<Location /int1/>
   ProxyPassReverse /
   SetOutputFilter proxy-html
   ProxyHTMLURLMap / /int1/
   ProxyHTMLURLMap /int1 /int1
</Location>

The error_log file contains messages like
[Tue May 04 12:25:29 2004] [error] [client 10.0.82.7] File does not exist:
/usr/local/apache2.proxy/htdocs/images, referer:
https://reverse.ourdomain.com/int1/cgi-bin/somescript

[Tue May 04 12:25:32 2004] [error] [client 10.0.82.7] File does not exist:
/usr/local/apache2.proxy/htdocs/cgi-bin

Any help will be greatly appreciated !!

Rob

Visit us at the Telecom cITy Fair - The largest IT Fair in Belgium!
25, 26, 27 May - Brussels Expo

Get your free tickets here!