httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] httpd startup time
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 18:26:11 GMT
I have a system which does not, primarily, serve web pages but uses Apache for some occasional
UI functions.  I want to minimize the startup time of the system, including Apache even at
the cost of a slow connection to the first web page.

I found http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/perf-tuning.html but that seems to talk about performance
of Apache when it's serving web pages with nothing about startup time.  Its advise about disabling
modules to reduce memory footprint is something I'll pursue but I also wondered about setting
MinSpareServers and StartServers to 0.  Any other advise on getting Apache to start up really
quickly?  TIA.