httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Enda McGahern - Ireland" <Enda_McGah...@gmaccm.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache stops running
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 18:41:49 GMT
Hi Guys,
New to the list....so be patient.

I have been using Apache 2.0 for the past 3-4 months with RT on Red Hat
Linux 2,.4. Yesterday, the apache httpd service stopped working. After
looking through log files, restarting and reinstalling Apache i had not
luck. Then I removed the httpd.pid file in usr\local\apache2\log
directory and restarted the httpd service. This worked. However in the
space of about 5 hours it failed twice and i repeated the procedure.
Port 80 stops listening on the box even when the httpd is running.
Is the parent PID of Apache getting locked or something. Any ideas of
some remediation. No changes were made to the box, this just started out
of the blue. NOTE: Restarting the httpd service caused a FAIL when
stopping, and an OK when restarting ??

Thanks in advance

Enda