httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] Restart w/ SSL?
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 17:14:43 GMT
Looking at apachectl, I see:

  start      - start httpd
  startssl   - start httpd with SSL enabled
  stop       - stop httpd
  restart    - restart httpd if running by sending a SIGHUP or start if
             not running
  fullstatus - dump a full status screen; requires lynx and mod_status enabled
  status     - dump a short status screen; requires lynx and mod_status enabled
  graceful   - do a graceful restart by sending a SIGUSR1 or start if not running

But what if I want to restart w/ SSL?  Do I really have to check to see if it's running and
either do startssl or restart as appropriate.  That kind of defeats the purpose of restart
being smart enough to  not start it.

While I'm writing, what's "graceful" about "graceful"?

TIA.

                                 Chris