httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] Disabling default port
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 17:29:21 GMT
I have a little configuration script which manipulates httpd.conf then gives a SIGHUP to have
httpd re-read its configuration.  My goal is to enable port 80, port 443, both, or neither.
 My script manipulates a section that looks like this:

<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 80
Listen 443
</IfDefine>

by adding "# " to one line or the other.  But when I want to disable access (by commenting
out _both_ lines), I can still connect via HTTP to port 80.  Is there a way I can disable
this easily?  Something a little sed script can accomplish.  (I'd prefer to always have httpd
running so that my script only needs to change httpd.conf and send a signal, not worry about
whether the demon is running or not.)

TIA.