httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] Invoking shutdown from a CGI program/script
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 15:50:19 GMT
I *know* this sounds like a generally bad idea.  I've no question of that.  Please don't tell
me, "Don't do that."

I'm building a dedicated Linux-based device with an embedded Apache server and I want the
user (who's logged in via HTTPS) to be able to reboot the system from a web page.

I've read the FAQ and skimmed the archives.  I believe I know that suEXEC won't let me run
the shutdown script as root.  So, how can I reboot my system from a web page served by Apache?