httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@boxstuff.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ip aliases and vhosts
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 19:46:42 GMT
Hello

I setup a couple of aliased ip's

/sbin/ifconfig eth0:0 10.0.0.10
/sbin/ifconfig eth0:1 10.0.0.11

the other directives i used where setting the netmask to
255.255.255.255 and such like.

Now from here I've assume that apache would dig using these ip's so i
did the following

Listen 10.0.0.10:80
Listen 10.0.0.11:443

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11:443

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.10>
	ServerName www.foobar.com
..
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.11>
	ServerName www.foobar.com
..
</VirtualHost>

The idea of course being to be able to have a https and http scheme for
the same domain.

I'm aware that there perhaps are addition steps I have to follow to get
these non routable ip's working, but Thats as far as I've got with
ifconfig so far..

configtest says it digs. But when i try and request a server name i
just get served the default page for the default server name.

Any help, even pointers on where i should be sniffing greatly
appreciated

Thanks

Mark