httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saunders Jack" <jack.saund...@volvo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy/Microsoft Content Management Server
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 14:11:31 GMT
We are running Apache 1.3.27 as a reverse proxy with mod_ssl.  We are proxying content to a
Microsoft Content Management Server based application. The MCMS builds the portal pages.
Our customers are complaining of sporadic page cannot be displayed errors.  When hitting refresh
the page is displayed.  ALso using MCMS the customer can edit the content.  However through
the reverse proxy they see sporadic problems with editing as well.  We have tested everything
without the reverse proxy and the application works well.  For security reason we donot want
to allow direct http requests to the MCMS server.  Does anyone out there have any experiences
on this same scenario?  From what I understand Apache 1.3.27 is still not http 1.1 complaint.
 So my thoughts were to move to Apache 2.x.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!