httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jiropole ...@jiropole.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual hosts: bad resolution for .php files
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 13:38:43 GMT

> > there are no errors; only the result is strange.  Rather
> > than loading the index.php in my virtual host directory,
> > it loads the one in the default host directory ...
>
>The requests generated by your PHP page must have an incorrect Host
>header. Check if you have "UseCanonicalName on" and set outside the

No, UseCanonicalName is off (set globally only).

>Alternatively, your host headers are wrong for another reason, eg, you
>have URLs like http://192.168.1.1/images/pic.gif in the page (instead of
>absolute refs like "/images/pic.gif").

No, like I say I am trying the most simple of cases - just hitting
the raw server address for the virtual host (www.jirosoft.net).  If
the directory contains an index.html, it loads without any problems.
If it only contains index.php, it will open the one in the default
host directory, but tries to use the virtual host directory as
the working directory.  If I rename it to a unique 'this_index.php',
and hit the qualified 'jirosoft.net/this_index.php', I simply
get the message 'No input file specified. '  Is that meaningful?

I have been over my configs 100 times... I feel like I must be doing
something wrong but I'm definitely missing it.  For what it's worth,
people have reported similar problems using virtual hosts with other
3rd-party modules, like ColdFusion MX...

Thanks for the response,