httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Boutilier <bouti...@ednet.ns.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 1.3.31 breaks mod_dav?
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 21:47:56 GMT

Lars Hecking wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  This problem might be related to the "Issues with 1.3.31" posting by
>  Rob Boucher.
>
>  Solaris 9 8/03 SPARC
>  Apache 1.3.31
>  mod_ssl-2.8.17-1.3.31
>  openssl-0.9.7d
>  mm-1.3.0
>  mod_dav-1.0.3-1.3.6
>
>  When I upgraded from 1.3.29, mod_dav stopped working flat out, and I get
>  no error messages in apache's error log, or anything else useful in the
>  access log.
>
>  I have recompiled all above components from scratch, and just used the old
>  httpd.conf file, it makes no difference.
>
>  After entering username/password into davexplorer, nothing happens (nothing
>  visible, anyway). When I then try to exit davexplorer, it hangs; I need to
>  ^C or kill the process explicitly (or apachectl restart).

Can you do a tcpdump and view the results in ethereal? I had to back out
  of a 1.3.31 upgrade from 1.3.29 because of Frontpage. What I noticed
is that imediately after sending a 401 error to the Frontpage client
(asking the client to authenticate) Apache would then send the default
virtual server's index page to the client. This then messes up the
Frontpage client because it is receiving data from the Apache server
that it didn't ask for.

I am curious to see if the same thing is happening with mod_dav.