httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Harms <ch...@cmiware.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Linux 2.6 Reiser4 sendfile problem
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 17:03:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm sure any bug report for this problem belongs on a Reiser list, but I
expect more people will encounter the problem with Apache first.  People
using reiser4 that do not disable sendfile may experience random runaway
httpd processes.  I was able to reproduce the runaway httpd by
requesting larger files (158K flash and 250K txt) repeatedly.  httpd
cannot be killed until reboot.  Other tests show that this does not
affect reiser 3.6.

Server config:

linux 2.6.5
apache 2.0.49
gcc 3.3.3, glibc 2.3.2
web docs on a reiser4 partition

Time permitting I will experiment after upgrading to 2.6.6 and
re-enabling sendfile.

Chris