httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <br...@brentdax.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Heavy Handed Censorship
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 22:51:12 GMT
Purl Gurl wrote:
> I will not participate in a group which practices
> heavy handed censorship through intimidation
> and threat.

Your thread descended into a flamewar, with you on one side and
everybody else on the other.  It's far easier to get one person to stop
posting than everyone else.  Therefore, he asked you to stop posting.
This is not unreasonable.

The moderator is not saying you can't babble about Apache's "WebDAV
bug"--he's just saying you can't do it *here*, on what amounts to his
property.  This is moderation, not censorship.

If you can't tell the difference between the two, I can't say I'm sorry
to see you go.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <brent@brentdax.com>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.