httpd-users mailing list archives

From Purl Gurl <purlg...@purlgurl.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Bug Versions 1.3.28/29 Fixed In 1.3.31 Or Not?
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 15:33:47 GMT
Robert Andersson wrote:

> Purl Gurl wrote:

(snipped)

> It may be a minor flaw in Apache's design, which may or may not be handled
> better, but hardly an exploit or bug.

If this will help you to avoid popping a handful
of prozac, I will refer to this as a minor flaw
rather than the bug it is.

Clearly, some progress is being made. You boys have
now moved to, "This is a flaw." Give me time, and
you boys will eventually confess this is a bug.

> There are people running servers generating many gigabytes of logs
> every day, and they manage it; you can too.

Your logic is less than Vulcan. Your thoughts are analogous to,

"Many people are murdered everyday, and they manage it; you can too."

What percentage of those "gigabytes" is data which is logged
and should not be logged? You are engaging in excuse making,
not engaging in problem resolution. Ostrich Syndrome.

Kira