httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Nichel <j...@kegworks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Name and IP based Virtual Hosts on same machine
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 18:05:07 GMT
Hi,

   I currently admin a web server which serves up 11 domains, all name
based virtual hosts, where only one of the domain's needs ssl.  However,
we are about to setup a second domain which will need ssl.  Is it
possible to run name based and ip based virtual hosts under the same
instance of Apache (1.3.29)?  Normally, I would just modify the config
file, and give this a shot without bothering the list, but we don't
currently have a dev enviroment, and this change is going to have to be
made live...so I don't want to make Apache barf to our customers.  TIA.

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com