httpd-users mailing list archives

From Purl Gurl <purlg...@purlgurl.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WebDav Security [Was: Re: Bug Versions 1.3.28/29 Fixed In 1.3.31 Or Not?]
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 17:36:19 GMT
Purl Gurl wrote:

> John wrote:

(snipped)

> > I'm thinking it would be possible to implement some sort of
> > 'filter'/'proxy' to avoid such issues. They have them for
> > Win32/IIS based servers....

Incidently, John, Microsoft IIS servers have an ability to
block selected request methods where Apache does not. IIS
servers do have a powerful URL scanning feature, which
includes ipsec ability for vpn tunnels.

This is an entertaining example of Microsoft performing
a better job in programming, than Apache. Microsoft,
however, has a lot of bucks for support.

I find this entertaining because of those who engage in
operating system wars, which is pointless. A win for
Window geeks, a loss for Linux geeks. I don't care either
way; I use whatever software works best for me.

Recently, Bill Gates was fined nearly one-million dollars
for whatever. He will pay that fine with accrued interest
earning on his money, in just a single day.

Kira