httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <br...@brentdax.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't find java applet class via Perl/CGI
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 04:20:24 GMT
>> Does this work if you access Param.html directly? Does it work if you
>> remove or comment out the line? Are there any specific error
>> messages you see?
>
> If I open Param.html as a file from browser, it works and I can see
> comment 'You can get a parameter from HTML'  as a java applet. When I
> open it from http://hostname/cgi-bin/test/Param.pl , it doesn't work.
> I tested opera, mozzila, IE, NS every browser says 'class couldn't be
> found or very similar comments.

One thing I would do, then, is open both Param.pl and Param.html in
Mozilla and make sure that both View Source and View Page Info have
identical contents.  (Except, of course, that one will say "Param.pl"
while the other says "Param.html".)  If you see any differences you can
correct, try to correct them.

If I recall correctly, the script adds a "<BR>" tag to the end of every
line.  What happens if you remove that, so it just prints the lines
exactly as they were in the file?

In other words, what happens if you replace:
    print "$_<BR>";
with just:
    print "$_";

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <brent@brentdax.com>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.