httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <br...@brentdax.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Re: Apache Blocking EXE file from running (CGI)
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 22:19:09 GMT
 >>    The above error says PSRemote is not running.  Does PSRemoteTest
 >>depend upon PSRemote to do its job?
 >
> Yes you are  exactly right. PSRemote is a GUI windows application that can
> take image capture with the camera. PSRemoteTest is a dos program that will
> be able to take images from the command prompt as long as the main program
> PSRemote is running. However PSRemote is running and my script does run from
> the command prompt by typing > perl cam1.cgi
>
> PSRemote runs from another directory eg c:/program files/BreezeSys/PsRemote
> whereas my scripts run from
> c:/Documents and Settings/Correy Edmed/My Documents/My Website/
>
> How can I make Apache know that PSremote is running?

Is Apache running as a service?  If so, your problem here may be with
permissions--PSRemote is running as one user (Correy Edmed?), while
PSRemoteTest is running as another (LocalSystem, or some other system
account).  In such a case, PSRemoteTest and PSRemote might not be able
to talk to each other.

I don't know what you could do about that--you'd have to talk to whoever
wrote PSRemote.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <brent@brentdax.com>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.