httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Cook <...@cs.appstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL and Virtual hosts
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 12:10:52 GMT
I ran into a problem which I need your help with.   I am running Mailman
over Apache 2.x successfully with ssl support.  Today I merged all of
our web pages over to that machine and ran into the following
problem....in our httpd.conf file we have a couple of virtual hosts
defined so that two different departments have their own web area.  This
is no problem by itself when ssl support is not included but when you
include ssl support with it, you get the error :

Tue May 11 08:09:27 2004] [error] VirtualHost _default_:443 -- mixing *
ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported,
proceeding with undefined results

What happens is that it ignores the virtual hosts and serves from the
default pages.   Anyone know why and how to combine ssl and virtual
hosts on the same machine.

thanks
darryl cook