httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laura Vance <van...@winfreeacademy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Controlling Web-Server Access by IP
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 14:12:28 GMT
There are two somewhat easy ways to do this without modifying your
apache configuration files.

The first way would be to install a firewall, then block the specific
IPs in your INPUT chain.  This solution is good, because it is running
at the kernel level, so it uses minimal CPU time.

Another way would be to use a proxy, then in your proxy configuration,
deny access to your server from those IP addresses.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance