httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jack Lauman <jlau...@nwcascades.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: {SPAM 02.2} Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Webalizer
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 19:47:55 GMT
According to the docs at the following URL, adding 'AuthType' etc should
be done inside a <directory block>.  There are a lot of things that
don't work inside <location> blocks.  Personally I would put this in an
'.htaccess' file and be done with it.

<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/sekrit>
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName intranet
   AuthUserFile /www/passwd/users
   AuthGroupFile /www/passwd/groups