httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Humphrey <rich-li...@multicam.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Webalizer
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 18:17:02 GMT

> you might need to define the usage directory in a Directory clause to allow
> permissions, see:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#directory
>
> what Directory clauses have you defined?

I havent defined anything specific. The httpd.conf file is pretty much
stock redhat configuration. I include my conf files with an include
statement, but otherwise httpd is untouched.

> what is the directory structure, where is /usage?
Usage is located for each site in /home/mydomain/www/usage

> who is usage owned by and what are permissions?
Usage is owned by the user, as it is in the home directory.

> what does the error_log say?
[Mon May 03 13:09:08 2004] [error] [client x.xx.xxx.xx] client denied by
server configuration: /var/www/mydomain

Note the log here is strange. My webroot used to be /var/www/mydomain
but I moved it to the users home directory and removed the directory
under /var/www/

The site works just fine, but I cant seem to get access to the
/www.mydomain/usage directory.