httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wehner, Terry" <Terry.Weh...@FMR.COM>
Subject [users@httpd] Relocation error Urgent!!!
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 17:24:40 GMT

I am getting the following error when trying to start apache 1.3.27

Syntax error on line 4 of
/opt/applocal/imt/webi/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
Cannot load /opt/applocal/imt/webi/httpd_1.3.27/modules/mod_jk.so into
server: ld.so.1: /opt/applocal/imt/webi/httpd_1.3.27/bin/httpd: fatal:
relocation error: file
/opt/applocal/imt/webi/httpd_1.3.27/modules/mod_jk.so: symbol
ap_ctx_get: referenced symbol not found
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I am also using Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.29 which trys to load the mod_jk.so
library that I have place in my modules directory.

The files and paths are being found ok, however the referenced symbol
seems to be causing the error?

Also if I comment out the part about loading the mod_jk.so (by not
including the mod_jk.conf file, all other modules load just fine?

I have looked through the old archives and tried a number of different
solutions:

Changing my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
./configureing with SHARED_CORE

Etc.