httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boucher, Robert" <rbouc...@wsi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Issues with 1.3.31
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 14:45:50 GMT
Gary,

I upgraded by recompiling from source.

To preserve the same configuration from 1.3.29 I executed the config.status
file created during the installation of 1.3.29 in the 1.3.31 installation
directory and then executed the make command and then installed it.  I also
made no changes to the httpd.conf file where I load some third party modules
when apache starts up.

Since I used the same configure command for both versions shouldn't they
have been built exactly the same?

Thanks for the info,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Smith [mailto:gary@primeexalia.com]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 10:28 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Issues with 1.3.31

When you say "upgraded" how did you upgrade?  Did you recompile Apache from
source?  Do an "httpd -l" to list what modules are compile into it.  You
might be missing one that you have in the other.  The module may also not
have been loaded from the config file.  There are a lot of reasons why the
problem could have happened.

Gary