httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eimantas Vaiciunas <eiman...@lietuvoje.lt>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] Starting apache http server in IPv6 mode in Solaris platform
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 11:42:28 GMT
Hello Barath,

Tuesday, May 4, 2004, 2:40:48 PM, you wrote:

Bk> Dear Elimantas,

Bk> The document in the link :

Bk> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/bind.html

Bk> says that, one should specify the "--disable-v4-mapped" configure option.

Bk> Could you please let me know on where should I specify the
Bk> option "--disable-v4-mapped" in apache. Should I specify this
Bk> option in any configuation file ?. If yes, on which configuration
Bk> file, should I specify this option.

Bk> Regards,
Bk> Barath Kumar.

1) You download apache source package from closes mirror
2) You unzip source and 'cd' to it:
$ tar -zxf httpd-2_0_xx.tar.gz
$ cd httpd-2_0_xx/

3) You configure apache:
$ ./configure --prefix=PREFIX --disable-v4-mapped --other-neat-stuff

For other neat stuff (module compilation, compilation flags, etc.) you
should check the manual, since daemon configuration vary from server
to server.

4) You compile it:
$ make

5) You install it:
$ make install

6) And then you launch it:
$ PREFIX/bin/apachectl start

Of course there are certain prerequisities for compiling apache.
Everything is written in (gess where?) manual ;)
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html

--
Best regards,
 Eimantas                            mailto:eimantas@lietuvoje.lt