httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 and need FP extensions loaded....
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 13:56:24 GMT
The old frontpage delima...  First of all, do you have mod_so loaded
with your apache daemon?  httpd -l should like mod_so.c.  If it doesn't
then you will need to recompile apache to include it.

If it does include it you can install apache and load it into your
httpd.conf file.  I have found that manually compiling the FP.so lib
using apxs seems to be more reliable than the fp_install.sh script that
you can download (or the one provided).

There is also some good information at www.rtr.com.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas King [mailto:daking@dak1.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 7:31 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 and need FP extensions loaded....

I have had a buddy of mine trying to install Front Page extensions on my

web server.  At one point...it just keeps "blowing up".  I use Webmin to

help configure the machine, and it appears that the extensions actually
ARE
working.  I had another buddy load a page with extension required stuff
in
it...and when I try to perform an "action".  It is a form mail thingy I
think....but I get an error message "FrontPage Run-Time Component
Page".  "You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that
requires a web server and the Front Page Extensions to function
properly".

I host a bunch of non-profit sites for free, and am having a bunch of
folks
wanting the extension capability.  Is there anyone that could look at to

see what is or is not working?  We (he) also tried to upgrade the Apache
a 2.x version...thinking that would help...but it didn't.

He said the scripts are looking for files in directories that are not
there.  The machine is a Red Hat 7.3, with Apache 1.3.27 (currently
running).  The 2.x version also installed, but is not running, NOR did
the
extensions "patch" the web server.

Sure could use some help here..

Thanks!