httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Favicons
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 06:58:25 GMT
I know little about Apache, but I should point out
that some browsers are more favicon friendly. I can't
recall the particulars, but I saw a discussion on some
forum about this just recently. I believe someone was
complaining that their favicons wouldn't display in
Internet Explorer, and someone else showed them a
trick to make it work. I THINK it was Macromedia's
Dreamweaver forum.

I have noticed that favicon performance varies between
local sites and online sites. Again, I can't remember
the particulars offhand, but it seems like some of
favicons weren't visible until they were online.

Another weird thing is that they reall "stick" in your
browser's memory, or something like that. If I load a
favicon that looks like the letter A onto a site and
preview it, then later replace it with a favicon that
looks like D, I'll still see the A in my browser on
local sites, at least.