httpd-users mailing list archives

From Beecher Rintoul <akbe...@northwindcom.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Favicons
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 07:41:43 GMT
On Sunday 30 May 2004 11:16 pm, Kyle Hamilton wrote:
> damn thats crazy hehe maybe we sould send it in as a bug?
> -Kyle Hamilton
> Cell: 559-593-1210
> www.kylehamilton.net

Thanks for the response. I created a the one I'm currently trying with Icon
Forge, so I'm sure it's in the right format. You may have something with the
"local" part though. I have been trying them via the local network. I'll
access the site from outside and see what happens. Both my Explorer and KDE
Konqueror browsers display them on "outside sites". And as for going directly
to the favicon.ico, I get no errors and the access log looks like this:

[30/May/2004:23:25:55 -0800] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 3638
[30/May/2004:23:26:24 -0800] "HEAD /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 -
[30/May/2004:23:26:26 -0800] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 3638

Thanks, again for the responses,

Beech
Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech@northwindcom.dyndns.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Adelaide SRO
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue