httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick <n...@finiteautomata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Return 200 error instead 404
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 18:29:08 GMT
Hello, I am load testing one of our servers and the pages it is load testing contains calls
to graphics and items on other servers That I do not want to be load tested.  I cannot modify
the code on the page so those calls are ignored, so I installed Apache on the Windows box
and modified the hosts file I am running the load test on.  In the host file I pointed the
other servers domain names to itself so Apache would respond.  My problem is of course Apache
responds with a 404, how can I get Apache to deliver a 200 message instead of the 404 it responds
with.  I cannot move over the content being called.  I saw some PHP scripts that will do this
but wasn't sure if there was a way Apache could just handle this.  How can I get Apache to
respond to everything with a 200?
Thanks,
Nick