httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene Lee <list-apa...@fsck.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] error log flooded with "warning: recursive call"
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 08:53:19 GMT
On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 04:44:42PM -0500, Eugene Lee wrote:
:
: I'm running with Apache 1.3.31 and PHP 4.3.6 on top of FreeBSD 4.9.
: Everything works fine at low traffic times.  But when the traffic goes
: beyond a certain point, Apache dumps a *ton* of the following message in
: logs/error_log:
:
: 	httpd in free(): warning: recursive call

A follow-up.  I gave up on Apache 1.3.x and went with Apache 2.0.49.
After two late nights of unsuccessful troubleshooting, the switch was
not only simple but also did not trigger the bug that flooded the
error_log that slammed the load average that rebooted the web server
that I built.  Just remember to go --with-mpm=prefork because threads
in FreeBSD pre-5 sucks, and pre-5.3 is not production quality.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at fsck dot net