httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <jnag...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 on WinXP - Generating statistics in a GUI?
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 22:40:29 GMT
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:36:14PM -0700, Mark G. Spencer wrote the following:
> > Mark
> >
> > 1) Server + Windows = Bad
> > 2) you want a log file analyzer. Check out AWSTATS[0], it's free and IMO
> the best of the best.
> >
> > [0]: http://awstats.sf.net
>
> Hey Joseph,
>
> At this point I feel more comfortable administering a Microsoft box than
> OpenBSD or SuSE 9.1 - otherwise, I wouldn't be on WinXP.  I'm getting close
> to being comfortable with SuSE, as an administrator.

Understandable.

> Thanks for the link to AWSTATS, I'm checking it out now.

No prob.

> On a somewhat related note, I've been Googling for security issues with
> 1.3.27.  It appears there are many, especially on the Microsoft platform.
> Any tips for an Apache newbie on upgrading to the latest 1.3.X version, or
> maybe even the 2.0 series?  I run MySQL and PHP along with Apache to serve
> up DCForum+ http://www.dcscripts.com/dcforump.shtml ..

Not really. I haven't really admin'd Apache since after ME came out. The
only thing I can suggest is keep an eye on your logs, stay patched (both
Apache and MS) and get a good firewall.

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU	ICQ: 18115568	Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at)