httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <jnag...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 1.3.31 Released
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 06:28:06 GMT
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 07:16:17AM +0100, Nick Kew wrote the following:
> On Tue, 11 May 2004, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Buggy? Not stable?
>
> You're feeding the troll by rising to that bait.  Google for "purl gurl"'s
> track record on Usenet before getting drawn in to this kind of thing.

:-/

> >	The only problem I have is
> > lack of module designers wanting to port their modules.
>
> Any particular modules?  We have a very active development community
> working with Apache 2.x modules.  This is new applications that would
> not have been possible with 1.x, other than perhaps through a hacky
> and inefficient CGI or PHP.

mod_gzip comes to mind right off the top of my head. I haven't really given
it much thought lately though. mod_bandwidth, there was a dos_evasive module
for 1.3.x that hasn't been ported yet. If I were any sort of programmer I'd
get involved with all of them (I do have the time to spare) and help port
them.

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU	ICQ: 18115568	Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at)