httpd-users mailing list archives

From cory Name <mita_92...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to determine which config file Apache is using dynamically
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 16:06:06 GMT

Hi All,

I am writing one application in Linux which will dynamically parse configuration files for
all application and will show the user to view or change if any conflict arises(W.r.t. IP
and Port with other Applications ) . My problem is how to determine the configuration file
dynamically from where e.g. Apache is running As when i installed Apache  through Suse CD's
and run from Yast It starts from /etc/httpd/httpd.conf but if you download from apache Site
and install it in default location i.e. /usr/local/apache  and run /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl
Start It will take different config file /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

I really got stuck and don't know what is the best practice to go forward and which approach
i should follow and how to get the configuration file.

I have made a small doc(Attached)  to go forward i.e. by looking in ps-ef|grep httpd How the
user starts his apache but

still needs help from you people that is whether this approach is suitable or is there any
other approach that would be better than this and what other cases you consider are worth
adding here.

Thanks,

mita.