httpd-users mailing list archives

From Maciej Bliziński <maciej.blizin...@dobranet.polbox.pl>
Subject [users@httpd] CSS files don't load
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 21:37:50 GMT
Hello,

This is my first post to the group, so hello everybody.

I am experiencing problems with loading external css stylesheets for the
web pages. I will first describe my setup in detail.

server: Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7d DAV/2
SVN/1.0.1-dev mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3.3 PHP/4.3.5 Server Port 80

Server uses mod_deflate for everything except images.

The page is served over SSL and it's accessed via alias, e.g.
Alias /mypath/ "/var/www/some_path/"
There are several sites in this server, and each of them has its alias.

The client I use the most is Mozilla Firefox 0.8.

The symptoms are that, when I open some pages, the css stylesheet
doesn't load, and I don't see correct fonts and colors. It's not all the
time, it happens after few hours of Apache's work.

Page refresh (CTRL+R) doesn't help. Using other client (Mozilla 1.6,
Konqueror) doesn't help either. But there's one thing I can do. I can
open the page's source, look for the <link> tag, copy the stylesheet's
address and paste it into the browser (the link is relative). The
stylesheet's code displays, so the file is accessible. Then I return to
the website, and -- voilla -- the correct fonts appear, the stylesheet
is loaded.

The other way to see correct fonts is to restart Apache and refresh the
page in the browser, it works every time. ...well, at least for few
hours, when the stylesheet stops loading again.

I'm not sure if I should paste massive config files here, let's give few
lines. The alias setup:

Alias /netoffice/ "/var/www/ssl/netoffice/"
<Directory /var/www/ssl/netoffice>
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The rest is just standard Apache 2.0 configuration.

Any ideas? What can be a problem here? Configuration of the server? The
browser? Something else?

best regards,
Maciej Bliziński