httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Heintze <sieg_hein...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with WebDAV (again)
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 18:25:07 GMT
I'm sitting behind an ActionTec firewall and Apache
WebDAV works great behind the firewall. When my
partner tries to access my public site from his office
(also behind a fire wall) he can get to the site at
the ip address and properly display web pages.
When using the file open menu entry from internet
explorer he seas the username/password DAV dialog, but
after that, it gives him authentication errors. He is
using the same notebook computer that worked in my
office behind the firewal.

Actually, the exact msg is : Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-source/ on
this server.

Apache/2.0.43 Server at 207.174.27.232 Port 80

I'm running  with the following fragment in the
httpd.conf:
DavLockDB "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/DavLock"
Alias /cgi-source  "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Location /cgi-source>
  Dav On
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName DAV
  AuthUserFile "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/main.passwd"
  ForceType text/plain
    require user siegfried marty christie scott eric
shafi
</Location>

Thanks!
   Siegfried