httpd-users mailing list archives

From Karl Schmidt <ref_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with Apache 2.0 on SuSE 9.0
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 01:31:08 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a working server on RH9, and am trying to migrate over to a new system on SuSE 9.0.
 I'm
fairly happy with the way things have gone thus far, with one major exception.  I can't get
the
new server to show Indexes the way the old one is.  I've tried everything I can think of over
the
last 6 hours of tinkering, and now I'm looking for some help.

In /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, I have the following section:

<Directory />
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The server starts with no errors, but whenever I attempt to access a URL with no index file,
I get
the following:
---
Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document
or
the directory is read-protected. If you think this is a server error, please contact the
webmaster.
---

I've read everything I can find, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.  I've made
numerous
modifications to the Directory section, and nothing seems to work.  I've also compared the
working
server's httpd.conf to this one, and can't find anything out of whack.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Karl

ps - if you're interested, the entire httpd.conf file is available at
http://www.gobucky.org/suse/httpd.conf