httpd-users mailing list archives

From ray v <ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 17:47:14 GMT
Hi all!

I know this is apache only group, but I'm running
pulling my hair out trying to figure out what should
be used where, and yes I've read 2616. %-(

Firstly, could someone direct me to the RFC or
<other>, that contains the following header
information...

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Also...
I'm trying to figure out which of these headers is
important to me if I pass through a proxy, where the
proxy could be 1.0 or 1.1.

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Connection: keep-alive

Keep-Alive: 300

In all cases I control the Server end, which is Apache
2.x and the client, an in house app. The proxy could
be anything. If I control both ends what's important?

Thanks in advance, I'm hoping to keep some of my hair
along with my sanity. ;)